The pencil skirt may be one of the most overlooked and underused skirt styles these days. While pencil skirts tend to be longer and more modestly cut that doesn’t mean you can’t dress them up and add a bit of spice. The basic shape of the pencil skirt can work in your favor if you need something that can go from daywear straight to a night out with a little creativity. Here we’ve rounded up a few different ideas for how you can wear a pencil skirt outfit in just about any situation.[signy_about about_title=”In the Boardroom”][/signy_about]The pencil skirt is perfectly tailored for commanding a room.[signy_empty_space height=”30px”]
- Pair it with a button down blouse and a jacket for a classic and clean outfit. Don’t have a button down shirt sleek enough for the look? A simple shell shirt pairs well and lets your skin breathe more – perfect for summer afternoons in the office.[signy_about about_title=”In the Bedroom”][/signy_about]
The pencil skirt exudes a sort of disciplinarian vibe so don’t be surprised if your partner asks you to not bother changing when you get home from work.[signy_empty_space height=”30px”]
- While you may not be down with using a pencil skirt as a part of your lingerie, topping the look with a lacy camisole under a tight jacket and a pair of high stilettos could be the perfect outfit for Date Night.[signy_about about_title=”Out to Lunch”][/signy_about]Whether it’s a business lunch or just hooking up with friends, don’t worry about which skirt to choose.[signy_empty_space height=”30px”][signy_empty_space height=”10px”]
- Pair it up with a crop jacket Jackie O style and you’ll look cool as a cucumber as you much on crudité.[signy_about about_title=”Meeting for Drinks “][/signy_about]Think that pencil skirt outfits can’t be edgy enough for a night on the town? Think again![signy_empty_space height=”30px”][signy_empty_space height=”10px”]
- A form fitting pencil skirt paired with an equally flattering top can suddenly transform your look into a sexy and clingy look that will make you the sexiest bell of the ball.[signy_about about_title=”The Bombshell”][/signy_about]
One look that has truly shows just how sexy the pencil skirt can be is the model bombshell approach made famous by the likes of Lily Aldridge.[signy_empty_space height=”30px”]
- Throw on that pencil skirt, a simple black blazer, classic black pumps … and a black leather bra.
[signy_quote sgny_quote_content=”The classic style pairs well with just about anything – from blouses and blazers to sweaters and crops.”]Pencil skirts today have broken out of the mold you may be used to. Dion Lee has an amazing zipper-front pencil skirt with sheer panels that prove the pencil skirt can be amazingly sexy and super chic. Other designers have experimented with fabrics, colors and textures that have made the pencil skirt more versatile than ever.
Whether you need something to wear into the office or something for a night out, pencil skirt outfits can work just about anywhere. The classic style pairs well with just about anything – from blouses and blazers to sweaters and crops.
The skirt’s smooth, clean lines accentuate your curves while keeping the look classic, iconic and classy with just enough of an edge to keep things interesting.